lunes, 10 de marzo de 2008

Skelophrenia


Gothic psychedelic comic horror experiment. A rapid-fire stream of images and sounds.

Originally edited in one 26 hour session. Made in 1992 using an ancient black and white video camera. It was the kind where the VHS tape was in a separate unit from the camera itself, and it was even an early one of those. I did have access to professional editing equipment. I went into the little dark editing room, and came out more than a day later.

The video quality had deteriorated because of the corrupted "sync track" I'd laid down from the B/W camera. I've just spent another 22 hour session repairing the video. I was able to get it back to 98 percent of its original state. Much thanks to cf/x at imovieplugins dot com. They're the garage videographer's best friend.

The soundtrack is mostly my voice and other sounds run through a "toy" Yamaha VSS-30 sampling keyboard. I love my VSS-30, and still have it.

The psychedelic patterns are video feedback from pointing the camera at the monitor screen. That old camera had the best video feedback I've ever seen.


1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Can i get this video?
i saw it when i was young, now it is deleted from youtube.
thanks.